For several days now I have been in thought about what words of support I could say to you going into the New Year. Sometimes we are exhausted at the end of the holidays because of all the preparation, the gatherings and the associated excitement. Therefore, at the beginning of the new year we may want to make resolutions that will change how we did things the year before. My words to you are these.
Please learn from my experience, New Years Resolutions do not work unless we become new from the inside out! With this in mind, we must ask God to bless us with,
- A new attitude toward life and the ability to live in His newness;
- A new focus on the Word and the knowledge and strength to be gained from it;
- A new passion for seeking unity by learning ways to work through disagreements with love and understanding thereby developing strong lasting friendships;
- A new mission based upon love in action, standing firm in our beliefs and using our gifts and talents to be of service to our veterans, their families and all others that cross our paths; and,
- The ability to begin each new day facing the world with, “combat boots and cookies.”
“Don’t change yourselves to be like the people of this world, but let God change you inside with a new way of thinking. Then you will be able to understand and accept what God wants for you. You will be able to know what is good and pleasing to Him and what is perfect.”
Romans 12:2 (ERV)
I truly resolve to be of service and support. Please assist me to do so by requesting any services that I, as your State of Texas DAV Auxiliary Chaplain, can provide. You may contact me by phone at (512) 461-2924; by mail at 20605 Raptor Roost Rd., Pflugerville, TX 78660; or by e-mail at address, firstname.lastname@example.org.